Set beside the glittering Adriatic Sea, Pula is famous for fresh cuisine, festivals and breathtaking Roman architecture including an almost complete Roman Colosseum.
The well preserved Roman amphitheatre sits right in the middle of Pula, an awe-inspiring sight from street view. It is home to many converts and festivals throughout the year. Pula has many historical attractions but is also a very busy commercial city whilst retaining a friendly, small town vibe. In a short distance you will find many beautiful beaches dotted along the coastline. You will easily find many traditional cafes, bars and restaurants here. Cuisine is Italian with a very distinct Croatian twist so pizza, pasta and ice cream play a big part and the wine and Rakija must be sampled! In the Summer Pula hosts many festivals, plays, films and international concerts, so you will find something for everyone. If you love the great outdoors, venture out of the city and head to the various reserves to enjoy a walk with nature.
Pula airport is roughly a 15 minute drive to the City Centre. Buses and taxis are available from the airport. Try and plan your transfers ahead to get the best deal on travel.
Find flights from Doncaster Sheffield to Pula with dsaflights. Compare cheap flights to Pula from Doncaster Sheffield by simply using the search box above. The search results will show you airlines and tour operators offering cheap flights and holidays from Doncaster Sheffield to Pula. DSA Flights provides the lowest and best prices daily, direct from tour operators and airlines, so make us your last click before booking your dream holiday to Pula.
Doncaster Sheffield to Pula:
- Doncaster Sheffield to Pula is 895 miles
- The average flight time from Doncaster Sheffield to Pula is 2 hour 15 minutes
- Tui flies
from Doncaster Sheffield to Pula
Top sights in Pula:
- The Roman Amphitheatre
- The main square Forum
- Arch of the Sergii
- Temple of Augustus
- Archaeology Museum
- Church and Monastery of St. Francis
- Kastel, Venetian fortress
- The Gate
Things to do in Pula:
- Visit the 2,000 year old Roman Amphitheatre
- View the Venetian fortress, Kastel built in the 1600's
- Study the Temple of Augustus, over 2,000 years old
- Complete your tour at the small Roman theatre on the hillside
- Visit the Pula Aquarium, the biggest in Croatia
- Explore shingle coves, rocky terraces and take a dip at Cape Kamenjak
- Journey through hundreds of tunnels and trenches in one of 26 fortresses
- Look at real dinosaur footprints at Brijuni National Park
- Marvel early Roman heritage site The Gate of Hercules
- Catch a concert at the Pula Forum
- Take home a real Istrian Souvenir tipple, Rakija.
DSA Hot Tip:
- Outlook and Dimensions Music Festival in the 2,000 year old Amphitheatre (September)
Beach - a mecca for watersports enthusiasts
Avg Monthly Highs:
J 7 / F 8 / M 12 / A 17 / M 22 / J 26 / J 29 / A 27 / S 23 / O 18 / N 12 / D 9
Hrs of Sunshine:
J 5 / F 7 / M 8 / A 10 / M 11 / J 12 / J 13 / A 12 / S 10 / O 8 / N 6 / D 5
J 13 / F 12 / M 12 / A 14 / M 18 / J 22 / J 24 / A 25 / S 22 / O 19 / N 17 / D 14
Schedule for PUY